Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Oldest Thing in the World

Last week at the office I told a group of people that I recently had the wax sucked out of my ears. But that wasn't the oldest thing in the world.

In that same conversation I mentioned that I could now hear so well I felt like the Bionic Woman--and less than half of my co-workers knew what I meant. We have the technology... But THAT wasn't the oldest thing in the world.

Husband is now the same age as my Grandmother was when I was born. But that isn't the OLDEST thing in the world.

Currently on the family DVR: 68 episodes of Murder She Wrote, 65 episodes of Matlock, 42 episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard and one Diagnosis Murder. BUT that isn't the oldest thing in the world.

We also own and use a VCR. But that ISN'T the oldest thing in the world.

Our local high school, which hasn't graduated anyone since it was absorbed into a larger school district in 1969, is holding its annual reunion at a nursing home.

And THAT, my friends, is the oldest thing in the world.

I wondered to Husband if some of the kids and grandkids were planning to pack up a bag and check in some of their unsuspecting relatives while they dined on jello salad.

Husband responded, Wow that's funny. The last time I laughed this hard I fell off my dinosaur.

Image source: Studio of Skip Rohde.

I guess THAT'S the oldest thing in the world.

1 comment:

  1. hysterical! that's gonna be a PAR-TAY!! Please crash and photobomb it for us!

    ReplyDelete

Appointment Pooping

  NOTE: If you do not want to read about my healthy bowel movement, well too late you just did. I recently became you-better-get-a-colonosco...