Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sign of the Farmpocalypse

Every issue of Sports Illustrated has a brief quote titled Sign of the Apocolypse, a humorous but true sports news item that makes you wonder--have we gone too far? In that spirit, I present another installment of Sign of the Farmpocalypse, because I just can't make this stuff up.


Conversation Husband had at the local soccer fields:

Rural parent: Hey, how ya been. Say, you're a man about town, right?
Husband: (uncertain) I guess.
Rural parent: Well then, do you know where I could get a chicken dressed?

Husband was happy to help but we couldn't help laugh later. Apparently, where we live, being a man about town means knowing where to get your chicken butchered.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious!

    I've got another sign...

    Conversation in front of pork trailer at the state fair:

    Husband to Wife- Do you want a pork loin sandwich?
    Wife- No, I don't want pork. I'll just get a ham sandwich later.

    ReplyDelete

Appointment Pooping

  NOTE: If you do not want to read about my healthy bowel movement, well too late you just did. I recently became you-better-get-a-colonosco...