Sunday, January 3, 2010

Acting My Age

Yesterday I did two things a woman my age should not do:
1. Go roller skating.
2. Watch a 1973 edition of the Lawrence Welk show.

I am too old for roller skating and have the locker-key shaped bruise on my thigh to prove it. But my younger, hipper sister thought that roller skating would be a fun activity with the kids while she is in town. Even Husband got in on the act, putting on skates for the first time in at least 30 years. Fortunately for him and all the hungry pigs on our farm, he did NOT break his leg. Believe me, I wanted to get photos but was told no blogging. (oops!)

Later in the afternoon I turned on public television, hoping to catch a little Antiques Roadshow (more my speed, you see) but instead saw the intro for a replay of a special episode of the Lawrence Welk show featuring Disney music. The clips looked like long-lost Will Ferrell Saturday Night Live sketches but they were REAL! I decided to pop in my dentures, re-position my Hoveround Chair and settle in to watch TV that was on before I was born. So much of it was unintentionally hilarious but this Mickey Mouse Mambo was the best.



Husband is famous for watching old people shows like Diagnosis Murder and Matlock, so I asked if we wanted to join me. He said, Are you going to put on the blog that you watched Lawrence Welk?

I said, of course, dear. Don't worry; I won't mention that you are old enough to have watched it the first time around. (oops!)

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Your blog is beautiful, if you like tipical Italy cuisine visit my website: http://italy-piedmont.blogspot.com/
    A culinary journey from Italy Piedmont.

    ReplyDelete

Appointment Pooping

  NOTE: If you do not want to read about my healthy bowel movement, well too late you just did. I recently became you-better-get-a-colonosco...